- Up to 60 Characteristics can be defined.
- Split of Cost of goods sold posting on multiple account (by cost component)
- The COGS posting includes all costs for manufacturing the product such as labor or material cost.
- Split of production variances posting on multiple accounts (differentiation of price/quantity effects)
Refined of Cost of goods sold postings.
Goods issue to sales order results in a posting containing following line items:
- Line item crediting an Inventory account
- Line item debiting an Expenses account
Different accounting principles use different income statement methods.
For example: US GAAP requires income statement by function, where in India GAAP requires income statement by nature.
Depending on the income statement method used, the account to the debit line represents:
- Changes in Inventory of Finished goods for income statement by nature
- Costs of goods sold for income statement by function.