The architecture of new Asset Accounting is very flexible now. That means you can very easily handle parallel valuation of your assets using both the ledger approach and the accounts approach.
The leading valuation can be recorded in any depreciation area. It is no longer necessary to use depreciation area 01 for this. The system now posts both the actual values of the leading valuation and the values of parallel valuation in real time. This means the posting of delta values has been replaced; as a result, the delta depreciation areas are no longer required.
New Asset Accounting makes it possible to post in real time in all valuations (that is, for all accounting principles). You can track the postings of all valuations, without having to take into account the postings of the leading valuation, as was partly the case in classic Asset Accounting.
In a new Asset Accounting posting transaction, the system creates a document for each accounting principle in the general ledger.
- Choice of using the ledger approach or accounts approach
- Real time postings in all valuations
- Depreciation postings and runs complete a lot faster due to the streamlined model.
- Data redundancy has been reduced and actuals are stored in the universal journal (ACDOCA) instead of in a variety of tables (including ANEP, ANEK, ANLC, ANLP, and ANEA). Plan and statistical data are stored in individual tables.
- You can choose between the accounts and the ledger approach for asset postings. In the accounts approach, different valuations on different accounts are reflected in the same ledger. In comparison, if you use the ledger approach, different valuations or different accounting principles are reflected in relevant separate ledgers.
New Depreciation Run
- Planned depreciation is determined and updated with each asset master record change and each posting to the asset.
- The depreciation run posts the pre-calculated planned values.
- The journal entry is updated in financial on the asset level.
- Period end closing can be performed even if there are errors on individual assets.
- A test can be performed but still with the restriction for 1000 assets.